16.12.08

FAAAAARK! It's a wee tad nippy out...

Brrrrr, it's cold! Well, not as cold as say, Minnesota or Alaska, but it was 27 f , (that is in the -2 -3 range,celcius)when i went to bed and 25f when i got up, icy roads and all that stuff. It is supposed to rain/snow for the next couple of days. Maybe we will have a nice white Christmas? More likely we will have a white Christmas caused by fog.Even the cats want to stay in the house all night, which most of them won't do in the summer.I am eternally thankful for electric blankets, all I need to do now is to remember to put my pillow under the covers before I go to bed...nothing like crawling into a nice cozy warm bed and having your head hit an ice cold pillow.It is so cold in this house that I had to buy terrycloth toilet seat covers...I mean I do not want to wake up in the middle of the night frozen solid to the toilet seat, ya know what I mean?
I was trying to make some Christmas mini tarts, boy did I make a mess, glad I keep that silicone oven protector in there...melted sugar all over it ...what a mess that would have made baked onto the oven...so that recipe is going in the trash ... I have a ton more to try out ...a ton, that 's what I am gonna weigh after all of my sweet experiments the last 3 weeks.

5 comments:

Furtheron said...

My daughter is watching all the Christmas cookery shows writing down recipes - last night one she had written down for a cake she'd scribbled next to it... "Fat bitch cake mix". Honestly what can you do?

Cheesy said...

Is this Oregon or Minnesota?? I am already sick of white lol...
I feel your tonnage pain !

Martha Elaine Belden said...

haha... i love how you describe your cold house. i hope things warm up in there soon!

and mmmm... holiday sweets :) i sure do love the holidays

Don said...

Ass frozen to toilet is very bad - not to mention embarrassing when you have to call EMS to save you!

Mmmmm... Sugar.... (Insert gurgling Homer-drool here)

Gardenia said...

LOL, I am off my baking spree. The remaining tin full of cookies that I had made for one family has been raided by equally out of control "H". What an orgy we've had. Good luck with yours - I found that if being used for gifts they should be delivered shortly after baking! I am in sort of a self-induced rehab state right now. "H" is in denial and won't talk about it.

Cats here are such sissies - it gets below 65 and they refuse to go out. They look at me like I'm an abusive cat master if I demand they take a bit of a stroll at 50 degrees.

Hmmm- there are endless possibiities to make money now that I know toilet seats can get so cold - how could i forget - lived once in an old farmhouse with a coal-stoker stove, washrags froze to the sinks - yeh, could've used a cover there too! But I'm thinking hmmmmm - I bet Punxxi would like a nice fur cover (bear?) for her bathroom seat - - or lamb's wool - hmmmm - endless possibilities as this cold permeates the northern hemisphere, yes!